West Palm Beach, FL – You’ve sold your home. Or, you are thinking of refinancing your current mortgage.
One of the things that the lender will require is a property appraisal. While the actual appraisal inspection make take only an hour or two, the appraiser must go back to the office, do the research and write a 10- to 12-page report.
Here are some tips to help the appraiser with additional information—and in most instances a faster turn-around time to complete the report.
- Compile a list of recent improvements. If possible include “before and after” pictures, copies of paid receipts for work completed. If major updates were made, provide a detailed copy of the bid from the contractor.
- Make sure all areas are accessible, including the attic, basement and crawl spaces. This includes the garage.
- If the home is part of a homeowner’s association, include a copy of the fees paid, and the name and phone number of the association president or executive director.
- Straighten up each room. Appraisers are required to photograph each room, and while it may not make a difference to them if the room is messy, there may be an underwriter who is less objective.
- If there are any unfinished projects, make sure they are completed before the inspection.
- If there are any easements, encroachments or unusual deed restrictions, you may want to provide a copy of the list.
A little help from you goes a long way to make sure that the appraisal report is complete and accurate.
So what other things would you recommend that I add to this list?
Ideal Lending Solutions is your premier home mortgage lender in Florida. At Ideal Lending Solutions you will work one-on-one with a dedicated mortgage professional who can explain loan programs and offer great mortgage rates to meet your financial goals.