Manufactured Homes have been around for a long time. For a while, there was a stigma attached to owning one because they were not perceived as possessing the style or quality of a traditional stick-built home.
No more! Due to the shortage of properties available for sale, and affordability issues in many areas of the country, manufactured homes are roaring back into fashion! Builders and Architects are answering the call with some incredible designs, that fit into the lifestyle of the young buyer, and the 2nd home crowd.
Here is what you should know:
- Minimum Loan to value ranges are 95%-100% depending on the loan program.
- Owner Occupancy is required; however, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will allow 2nd Home Purchases & Refinances.
- Property additions may be allowed with proper inspection or a licensed structural engineer report.
- Manufacture Date must be on or after June 15, 1976.
- Acceptable manufactured homes contain a “HUD Certification Label”.
- Minimum sizes vary by lender but typically fall into the 400-600 sq. ft. range.
The appraiser must use a minimum of two comparable sales that are manufactured homes.
Interested in buying a manufactured home in Florida? Speak to a local Ideal Lending Loan Officer and find out your options today.