Major life changes are always stressful. And moving from one city or region to another is definitely a major change. Here are 5 steps you can take to help eliminate the stress of moving:
- Choose a less busy time. The busiest time of year for movers is late May through early September. The busiest times of the month are the first and final weeks. And the busiest time of the week is weekends. If you choose a non-peak time, you’ll have more choice of movers, things will be less hectic, and the price could be lower.
- Declutter in advance. Moving is the perfect time to get rid of things you no longer want or use. This makes the move less expensive and packing easier.
- Get multiple quotes. First, decide what kind of move you want: do it yourself packing, full service, transport only, or specialized handling of art or antiques. Then get 3 quotes from licensed, insured movers.
- Understand the quote. Some quotes from movers are just estimates, and they can increase once everything is loaded, moved, and delivered. Other quotes are guaranteed not to exceed the estimate, and you can actually pay less if your load is smaller than anticipated. Some moving companies charge by the hour or per item. It’s important to read the fine print when hiring movers.
- Understand your moving insurance. Insuring your move is essential, but not all insurance is the same. Make sure you understand what’s covered and to what limits.
Buying a new home or refinancing your current loan? Our experienced team of loan originators are dedicated to making that a reality. At Ideal Lending, you will work one-on-one with a dedicated mortgage loan officer who can explain loan programs and offer great mortgage rates to meet your financial goals. Contact us today!