With the days growing longer, Florida residents can enjoy the perfect weather to tackle maintenance and home improvement tasks before the heat of summer arrives. From checking your home’s exterior for signs of damage to ensuring that your appliances are running efficiently, there’s no better time than spring to get your home in top shape. To make things easier for you, we have put together a checklist of tasks to get your home ready for spring.
Yard and Exterior
Follow these tips to keep your home’s exterior in good condition and prevent any damage or issues that may arise this summer.
- Inspect your property for signs of pests such as rodents, roaches, termites, etc. If you notice any issues, contact a pest control company.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts to ensure they are clear of debris.
- Trim any tree branches or shrubs that are hanging too close to your home or utility wires.
- Inspect your deck and balconies for any loose boards or railings and rot.
- Ensure that mulch and soil are not touching your home’s siding.
Roof, Siding, Windows
Your roof, siding, and windows protect your home from the elements, so it’s important to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Check your shingles for any damage or signs of algae and mildew. Hire a professional to repair your roof if necessary.
- Inspect your attic for any signs of roof leakage, such as moisture or discoloration.
- Look for peeling paint and repaint if necessary.
- Check for leaks around your window and door sills.
- Properly sealed windows and doors can help prevent damage and lower your energy costs.
Interior and Appliances
Spring is a great time to give your home’s interior some attention. Take some time to inspect your appliances and ensure that they are running efficiently.
- Check your basement and crawl space for any standing water or dripping. Take action immediately if you notice any issues to avoid mold.
- Clean your dryer exhaust hose and vent. Lint build-up in this area is a common cause of fires.
- Clean exhaust fan outlets and screens to prevent any build-up.
- Check all air filters and replace them if necessary.
- Vacuum your refrigerator and freezer coils to help them run efficiently.
Spring is the perfect time to take care of these tasks and ensure that your home is in top shape for the upcoming season. By doing so, you can keep your family safe, prevent costly repairs, and lower your energy costs. So get started on your spring maintenance checklist today, and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Ideal Lending Solutions is your premier home mortgage lender in Florida. At Ideal Lending Solutions, you will work one-on-one with a dedicated mortgage professional who can explain loan programs and offer great mortgage rates to meet your financial goals.